Business Incorporation and LLC Services

Culpeper, VA Incorporation Assistance

Are you starting a new business or looking for a business advisor for your existing small business? At German P. Culver, Jr., CPA, PC, a Culpeper CPA firm, we have the experience needed to get your business started on the right track. We provide small businesses with a wide variety of Incorporation and LLC services including business plan development, entity selection, new business advisement, tax planning and more.

It's important to seek professional advice when starting a new business in the Culpeper area. Because each type of business formation has different tax implications for businesses and their owners, it's important to choose the right entity for your needs. If you're ready to discuss your new business advisement options, give us a call today at 540-825-6670 to schedule your free initial consultation.

New Business Advisory You Can Trust

What Type of Business Should I Form?

Corporations come in several forms, and make no mistake - there IS a difference. Avoid making a costly mistake by engaging the incorporation and new business advisor services offered by Culpeper CPA firm German P. Culver, Jr., CPA, PC. Contact us at 540-825-6670 to set up a free initial consultation. We'll explain your options in detail.

Common Forms of Incorporation

Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)

A Limited Liability Partnership has two types of partners - general and limited. General partners have management authority for the business, and they also have personal liability for the company's obligations. Limited partners are those who invest in the company, but have no management authority and no personal liability except for the amount of their own investment. An LLP is often formed with a C or S corporation as the general partner, and it is not a separate tax-paying entity.

Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)

The owners or members of an LLC have no personal liability for the firm's financial obligations, but the company may be taxed as a partnership, so the members are required to report their income and deductions on their personal tax returns. Several legal documents are required to form an LLC, including an organizational agreement and articles of organization that are filed with the Secretary of State.

C Corporation

The owners or shareholders of a C corporation have no personal liability for its obligations, but the company itself is taxed and shareholders are taxed on any dividends or distributions they receive.

S Corporation

An S corporation is similar to a C corporation in many ways, but the company itself does not pay taxes, although shareholders must report income from the business on their personal tax returns.

Want to learn more about our Culpeper incorporation services? Call us at 540-825-6670 to schedule a free initial consultation.